1. a) Give the difference between organelle and inclusion. Draw and label the structure of a cell membrane write about cell surface modifications.
b) Draw fibroblast and osteoblast. Give their function.
2. a) Define growth and differentiation. What do you know about the totipotent character of a cell?
b) Define the cell cycle. Mention function of its different phases. What is G0?
3. a) Classify epithelial tissue with example. Give the difference between stratified and transitional epithelium.
b) Draw and label blastocyst and define it.
4. a) Write about the meiosis in a female. What is cell non-disjunction?
b) Write Mendel’s law of inheritance.
5. a) Give the composition of connective tissue. What is embryonic connective tissue?
b) Define the growing end. How you can identify it? Give the definitions of the different parts of growing long bone.
6. a) Classify skeletal muscle with its example. Mention the properties of skeletal muscle.
b) Write about the acrosomal reaction and zona reaction.
7. a) Write the process of gastrulation. Give derivative of mesoderm.
b) Write a short note on:
i) Corpus luteum
1. a) Give the boundary and contents of the posterior mediastinum. Give the anterior relation of the neck of the first Rib.
b) If the spinal cord injured at the label of the 2nd cervical segment all the respiratory moment will be ceased. Explain on an anatomical basis. Give the formation of the intercostal nerve.
2. a) Give the formation of different parts of brachial plexus. What are the branches from the posterior cord?
b) What is the importance of arterial anastomosis? Name the arteries that take place to form anastomosis around the elbow joint.
3. a) Describe the conduction system of heart, give its function and arterial blood supply.
b) Give lymphatic drainage of the breast. How carcinoma breast metastasize into bone?
4. a) Draw and label superficial venous drainage of the upper limb. What is the clinical importance of the median cubital vein?
b) Give the name of muscle in the anterior compartment of the arm. Give their nerve supply and action. What is the rotator cuff?
5. a) What are the structure passes through the esophageal opening of the diaphragm? Give the characteristic features of skeletal muscle fiber.
b) What are the types of capillaries, give examples. Give the structure of sinusoidal capillaries.
6. a) Define the bronchopulmonary segment and give the structure of the respiratory membrane. What is pleural effusion?
b) Draw and label interior of the right atrium. Give different layers of the pericardium and its nerve supply.
7. a) Define bone. What are the histological types of bone, give 4 important features of the synovial joint.
b) Give the course and draining areas by the thoracic duct. What is cisternae chyli?
1. a) Define growth and differentiation. Mention the different types of growth with examples.
b) Write down the electron microscopic structure of the cell membrane.
2. a) Define ossification? Write about the intra-membranous ossification.
b) Write the histological structure of the median size artery.
3. a) Define fertilization? What are the effects of fertilization?
b)The second week of development is called the week of two. Explain.
4. a) Enumerate the connective tissue cells. Mention the connective tissue fiber with their distribution.
b) Define organelles? Name the membranous and non-membranous organelles.
5. a) Define joints? What are the characteristics of a synovial joint?
b)Write about neurulation.
6. a) What is non-disjunction? Write the difference between mitosis and meiosis in a tabulated form.
b) Name the parts of secondary mesoderm. Write the derivatives of intermediate mesoderm.
7. a) Define cell cycle. Name the different types of cells with examples.
b)Shorts notes on
1. a) Define bronchopulmonary segments. Draw and label the bronchopulmonary segments of the left lung. Mention its clinical importance.
b) Give the boundary and contents of the axilla.
2. a) What is coronary sulcus? Ments its content. Draw and label the blood supply of the heart.
b) Give the lymphatic drainage of the female breast and give its clinical importance.
3. a) What is mediastinum? Give the boundary and content of the posterior mediastinum. What is the root of the lung?
b) Define dermatome? Draw and label the dermatome of the upper limb.
4. a) How rotator cuff is formed? Give the origin, insertion, action and nerve supply of rotator cuff muscles.
b) What do you mean by azygos system of vein? Give their area of drainage and its importance.
5. a) Mention the junctional tissue of the heart. Give their location and arterial supply. What is a pacemaker?
b)Write down the formation of superior and inferior radioulnar joints. Mention their movement with their responsible muscle.
6. a)How the base of the heart is formed? Mention the structure relate to the base. Give the location of the apex of the heart.
b) Draw and label brachial plexus.
7. a) Give the formation and types of the shoulder joint. Mention the factors responsible for this joint. Why dislocation common in the shoulder joint.
b)Short notes on
i) Suprapleural membrane
ii) Median cubital vein
1. a) Give the microscopic structure of the cell membrane. What are endocytosis and exocytosis?
b) Write the name and location of cell surface modifications.
2. a) Five the definition, layers, and function of periosteum.
b) What is the primary and secondary ossification center? Define ossification?
3. a) Define gland and classify it.
b) Write about gastrulation. Give the parts and derivatives of the mesoderm.
4. a) Give the difference of muscle in tabulated form. Write the name of non-membranous organelles.
b) Define fertilization? Draw and label a blastocyst.
5. a) Classify the connective tissue write the example. What are connective tissue cells?
b) Write about neurulation.
6. a) Write about the Haversian system. What are the functions of osteoblast and fibroblast?
b) Define implantation? Give its normal and abnormal sites
7. a) Write about the meiosis in the female.
b) Shorts note on
i) Non –disjunction
1. a) Define bronchopulmonary segments? Draw and label bronchopulmonary segments of the left lung. Mentions its clinical importance.
b) Write the boundary, formation, and relation of the base of the heart.
2. a) What is pleura? Names the parts of the parietal pleura and mentions their blood and nerve supply. What is pleural effusion?
b) Discuss the interior of the right atrium.
3. a) What is mediastinum? Give the boundary and contents of the posterior mediastinum.
b) What are the function parts of the lungs? Draw a flow chart showing the different branches of the brachial tree.
4. a) Draw and label the brachial plexus shows its different parts branches?
b) Give the boundary and contents of the axilla. Mention the clinical importance of the median cubital vein.
5. a) Name the muscle causing flexion of the elbow joint. Give their origin, insertion, nerve supply and action.
b) Describe the lymphatic drainage of the adult breast.
6. a) Classify the joints with example. How an elbow joint is formed? Name the muscle causing pronation and supination with their nerve supply.
b) Draw and label the dermatome of the right upper limb.
7. a) What is flexor retinaculum? Give its attachment and the name the structures passing beneath it.
b)Write a short note on
i) Respiratory membrane
ii) Conducting system of the heart