Yoga for Neck Pain – Adopt The Best Holistic Discipline Today
Neck pain is one of the most common health issues that people face. It can be a result of some injury, or due to monotonous activities on a daily basis. Some people also walk in an improper manner, which can be one of the reasons behind neck pain. The pain does not remain in the neck region, and with time, it can spread to other areas of the body, like the shoulders and back, too. That is why, you must have a basic knowledge of the yoga poses that can provide you some relief, and also help manage the pain. You can also join a yoga teacher training in India, where you will get the complete knowledge.
Practicing yoga will help you to get rid of neck pain. It can also help with functional improvements. Even if you have chronic neck pain, yoga may come to your rescue.
Yoga Poses For Neck Pain Relief
This is one of the best yoga poses for you if you want to get relief from neck pain.
- You have to stand with both feet together.
- Then take your hands back stretched above your head completely.
- Try to bend maximum towards the back, but do not exert unnecessary pressure.
- Inhalation is a must when you are doing this.
- Now, you have to stretch the body from the waist region.
- Exhale slowly and bend forward, and try to take your palms towards the floor.
- Maintain a straight back, without a hunch.
- You can hold this position for some time.
- Then slowly release and come back to the original position, while inhaling.
- Thereafter, you have to bring the hands back to their original position, while exhaling.
Join the best yoga teacher training in India to learn about such poses.
This is another effective yoga pose, which you can do for neck pain.
- Seat yourself on the mat, raise the left elbow, and bend the hand, towards the back.
- You must ensure to pull the left elbow, with the right hand from beneath. It will allow you to grab the left hand with the right hand.
- You must take the right leg, bend it, and place the right foot beneath the left buttocks.
- Stack the left knee over the right one.
- You can breathe deeply as you take up this position.
- After you are ready to leave the pose, uncross the legs and then change the position of the hands.
- You can repeat this pose a few times.
This is another yoga pose, which you can practice to get rid of neck pain.
- You have to start this from the kneeling position.
- You must be sitting on your heels, with the buttocks in contact with them.
- Lengthen your spine a bit and then slowly stretch your hands forward.
- Slowly bend down and walk your hands towards the front, as much as you can.
- You have to hinge your body at the waist and allow your buttocks to move up.
- You must hold this position comfortably for a while.
- Breathe deeply and then focus on releasing any tension that may be bothering you.
- Rest in this pose for some time.
- This is an excellent pose or yoga asana, for the beck and back.
- As the neck, shoulders, and back are connected, you must ensure to do this regularly for maximum efficacy.
Viparita Karani asana
- Lie close to a wall, as much as possible.
- Your buttocks may be in contact with the same.
- Lift both your legs straight up against the wall.
- Your feet must be parallel to the ceiling.
- You can place the palms by the side of the body.
- Breathe deeply, while you are in this position. Slowly, you can bring the feet back to the ground.
- It relieves one of the mild backaches and also eases fatigue.
Sphinx Pose or Shalambha Bhujangasana
This is a prone pose, in which you have to support the upper torso with your hands. This is a great pose for all those who have neck pain. The backward bend is more beneficial, as the arching is less.
- Lie on your belly, with the forearms flat on the floor and the elbows under the shoulders. Your chin should be on the floor and the legs should be together.
- You need to keep the forearms pressed to the ground while lifting the torso and the head while keeping it in line with the spine.
- Squeeze the thighs and buttocks, while pressing your pubis into the floor.
- The elbows remain by your side, while you support yourself in the pose.
- The shoulders should be pressed backward, while the chest should protrude.
- You should gaze at the Third Eye.
- Hold this pose for a few counts and then slowly release yourself from the pose.
Tips To Remember
- You must make adjustments to the poses from time to time. The body changes and so these are extremely necessary.
- You must ensure that your breath guides the movements.
- Do not push yourself too hard, as you are aiming at therapy in the form of yoga.
- Hatha Yoga is just perfect for those who are looking for neck pain relief.
- Be gentle with yourself.
- Focus on doing the practice regularly to get the maximum benefits.
- You must also be mindful while doing the asanas.
These are a few poses that you can do for maximum relief from neck pain. However, it is also important that you initially learn the above under-trained yoga experts. Join a yoga teacher training in India where you will learn about all the nuances. The experts will not only teach you the exact poses but will also show you the correct alignments and modifications. It is quite apt that those with neck pain cannot do the poses, as a normal person can do. So, you must do the variations initially. Only when the pain has become manageable, can you engage in the advanced versions of the poses. So, follow the above guidelines to cure neck pain now!